Saturday 23 April 2011

Sail Away - Simply Stampin' Challenge

I loved the sketch this week, and thought it went perfectly with my new Sail Away stamp from the mini catalogue. The quality of Stampin' Up! products never ceases to amaze me, and even my husband commented that the image left by this stamp was just like it had been hand sketched! The detail is just fantastic.
I have rotated/flipped the sketch, but that is allowed, and I have also replaced the sentiment with a knotted cord detail.
Luckily I had the perfect little anchor charm to go with this stamp, which I have attached using linen thread to the top left corner of the stamped image.


Let me know what you think of this one, I think it is really versatile and I was going to use it either for a men's birthday card, or alternatively as a sympathy card (obviously with the appropriate messages inside). Which do you think? Let me know!

Recipe;
Stamp Sets; Sail Away
Inks; Black StazOn, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Various Watercolour pencils.
Card stock; Night of Navy, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ribbon; Marina Mist, Linen Thread
Other; White and Brass eyelets, brass anchor charm (all non SU)

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful masculine card. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sail boat for masculine cards...its really great! Liking all the distressed torn edges - think it adds to the rustic charm of the boat! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love the natural feel that it has. Perfect for a male birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, particularly all the distressing/torn edges x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!