Saturday 14 May 2011

Baby Girl - Simply Stampin' Challenge.

This week's offering from the Simply Stampin' Challenge is a sketch. I am a recent convert to sketches, and cannot think how I ever managed before! When you have a mental block they just take so much of the hard work out of a new creation, and can push you on to pastures new when you are stuck in a rut - we have all been there!

I have a fair few friends expecting this summer, so thought I would use this as an opportunity to get started. This stripy ribbon from Stampin' Up! is fantastic in that it is a complete embellishment all by itself - and it comes in so many different colours!


I hope you like my card this week, I shall be making them in blues and yellows to. The stamp used is from the Fun and Fast Notes Set - such a versatile set that has something for almost every occasion!


A close up of the detail shows how I have used eyelets, a brad and rhinestones to embellish the image, as well as a small piece of card which I cut out to resemble the baby's quilt hanging over the edge of the pram.

Check out the other designs in the Simply Stampin' Challenge by clicking HERE - there is some great inspiration to be had!

Recipe:
Stamp Set; Fun and Fast Notes
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Regal  Rose
Inks: Blender pens, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Versamark
Ribbon: Pretty in Pink
Other: Designer Series Paper Pattern stack - subtles, Basic Rhinestones.
Non SU: Pink embossing powder, brads, eyelets and buttons.

Happy Crafting 

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet baby card! That grosgrain ribbon is so pretty, think I will have to get myself some! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a sketch convert!
    This is a beautiful card, clever use of the eyelets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya,
    Love your card here, I really must use this set more often ;-) Thanks for your visit today too. I am sorry though, I cannot swap my card with you as I have sent it to a friend for their birthday, sorry. Which element don't you have? I will happily cut/emboss the pieces you want in the material of your choice, let me know,
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!