Saturday 20 August 2011

Simply Stampin' Challenge - Punch it up!

Well the time has flown by this week, and as I am writing this (on Friday) I am in the middle of preparing for a workshop, so forgive me for keeping it brief! I confess I wasn't that taken with this weeks theme, however once I remembered 'shadow punching' I had many more ideas. Shadow punching is also known by several other names, but the basics of it are that instead of using the punched out shapes, you use the waste card to create raised apertures through which you can stamp images instead.

So without further ado, here is my card for this week:


Not some of my best photography perhaps, as it is difficult to make out how much the black card is raised up from the white card blank, but as I mentioned before it has been a manic week!

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Basic Phrases, Punch Potpourri
Inks: Black StazOn, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive.
Card Stock: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ribbon: Rich Razzleberry
Punches: Large Heart, Word Window, Modern Label (XL)
Other: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, double stacked Stampin' Dimensionals.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card and a fab punching technique! I have to make an anniversary card this week and you've inspired me, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!