Sunday 29 July 2012

Vintage Patchwork Card

I totally fell in love with the most beautiful card by Julie Kettlewell and she very kindly granted me permission to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) it! Julie is a very talented lady as you can see from her creations on the blog: juliesjapes.

Julie's card is pictured below:


And here is my version of the card:


I have not done stitching like in Julie's card, instead I have embossed the whole panel to create a quilted feel to it. I swapped out the bow for a button, and changed to a different ribbon and stamp on the label. I also chose to match the patterned papers to Wild Wasabi green, opposed to Julie's blue colour scheme.

Another thing I LOVE about this card is that it is great for using up those tiny scraps left over from other projects - I had loads of the Springtime Vintage patterned papers left over, and now they are retired I can't demo with them...

Why not leave me a comment saying who inspires your creative juices?

Finally I am entering a single challenge with this card:
squiggle stamps - stash attack! Fairly self explanatory methinks... 

Happy Crafting...
Becky

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Four Frames, Elementary Elegance
Inks: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Wild Wasabi
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla
Punches: Decorative Label
Other: Springtime Vintage DSP, Button (non SU), Ribbon, Embossing Folder (non SU), water brushes.


3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card. LOVE the patch work effect and so inked and vintage looking. Lovely.Thanks for joining us at Squiggle Stamps. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card you've made, Becky! Such fabulous papers and colors, no need for an image or other decorations than the ribbon and sentiment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful patchwork cards! Thanks so much for joining us for the Squiggle Stamps Challenge! hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!