Friday 24 August 2012

A bit of stitchery...

Well I have to confess to being very behind on my crafting the last couple of weeks so for today I thought I would show you this darling vintage style scissor keep I made:



I love it so much! At the beginning of this year (Way back in March) I went to Olympia Stitch and Craft show with my Grandma, and boy did we have a good time! We spent the day in almost back to back classes and workshops and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The scissor keep is the result of one of the workshops by Angela Richardson, and you can check out her blog by clicking the link: theenglishromantic.blogspot.co.uk it is chock full of beautiful quirkiness that I just adore!


All the felt, thread and woven fabric (used for the leaves) have been dyed by Angela, to create these lovely soft colours, which complement each other beautifully.


I have used various stitches on this piece, including blanket stitch, fly stitch, french knots, bullion stitch and straight stitch. Now I can always find my scissors, even at the bottom of a bag of projects!

Happy Crafting, and maybe I will see some of you at the Alexandra Palace Knitting and Stitching Show in October? Leave me a message if you are going!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!