Tuesday 21 August 2012

Mixed Bunch Butterfly

I LOVE the Stampin' Up! Mixed Bunch stamp set! It perfectly matches with the Stampin' Up! Blossom Punch and the set as a whole is so versatile. I have shown you how I made stunning dragonflies with the same stamp and punch set, click HERE if you missed it and want to see! Now it is the time to show you these gorgeous filigree butterflies you can create simply by cutting away two adjacent petals, leaving two stalks for the antenna.


The colours are so vivid they had to be paired with a monochrome background to make them pop even more! They are so bright they almost match the rather garish orange nasturtiums that I have growing in the garden (see the top photo to see one of the blooms).


I hope you like it, I think I may well end up making some more variations on this card... Oh and just to mention that the sentiment is from the stamp set Sense of Time, but could happily be exchanged for something else.

Happy Crafting!
Becky

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Mixed Bunch, Sense of Time, Punch Potpourri
Inks: Calypso Coral, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Calypso Coral
Punches and Dies: Blossom, Boho Blossoms, Oval (non SU), Scallop Oval (non SU), Notched Corner (non SU)
Other: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Sponge Daubers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!