Tuesday 23 October 2012

A little jaunt...

Hello! I am not showing you one of my creations today, but instead wanted to share some of the fabulous textiles and crafts I saw when I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace on the  12th of this month.

First up is the amazing knitted village organised by twisted thread:


I am not, and don't think I ever will be a knitter, but I cannot help but be awed by the imagination and skill shown by the entrants to this competition! So many little details and hidden gems, like this window cleaner complete with spray bottle and cloth:


Anyone can enter pieces to add to the village, and the best are awarded prizes, the one below of a vegetable patch and farmyard animals had to be one of my favourites!


The photos show only a tiny snippet of the whole village, so if you get the chance to see it for yourself then I highly recommend you do!

I hope you like what I have shown you, I have a few more pictures to put up, but will save that for another day this week,

Happy Crafting
Becky

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I was there too!!!! Maybe we even bumped into each other without knowing it!! Are you going to the Spring Knitting & Stitching Show in March? x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!