Tuesday 18 June 2013

Tips and Tricks Tuesday - Perfect Positioning

I am a perfectionist. There is no doubt about it, I like to have things just right, and never more so than when I am stamping! The Stamp-a-ma-jig is the perfect tool to keep you from ever ruining a whole project with a crooked image or sentiment again! 
I know many of you out there have these fabulous gadgets, but keep forgetting the best way to use them, so here is a reminder for you, and some top tips to streamline your stamping process too... 


  1. Align the imaging sheet into corner of tool. Ink up stamp, then align stamp block with the corner of tool. Stamp onto the imaging sheet.
  2. Position the stamped imaging sheet over the card stock where you want the image to appear.
  3. Keeping imaging sheet in place, fit the corner of the tool to the imaging sheet. Keeping the tool still, now remove the imaging sheet. Ink up stamp then align stamp block with the corner of the tool. Stamp onto your project!
I hope that all helps you as a quick reminder! 
Here is a wedding card I made for a friend that uses the Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the various layers on the cake:


Now one of the annoying things I find is when I am positioning a number of stamps - I keep having to clean off the imaging sheet... BUT you can make your own permanent imaging sheets by using Stampin' Up! window sheet and some StazOn ink!
I use these sheets for sets I use often, and just keep the sheets in the case with the stamps. Please remember this only works for WOOD mounted stamps!
Here's how to make them:
  1. Cut your window sheets to a size that is proportional to the stamps. I like to use pieces that are roughly 4" x 3" but it is entirely up to you.
  2. Use the steps outlined above, but replace the imaging sheet with your piece of window sheet. Make sure to stamp using StazOn ink or the images will rub off!
  3. Don't forget that you can add a stamp to each corner of the window sheet - 4 stamps a sheet!
  4. I like to place a dot on the corner of the wood block, that fits into the corner of the imaging tool - this helps me to remember which way round the stamp needs to go!

Well that's all from me, Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!