Tuesday 22 July 2014

Project Life Mini Album - Everyday Adventure!

Good Morning!I am still buzzing from the release of the You Tube film released last week (see it HERE) and have had and overwhelmingly positive and supportive response. 
As promised I have written a post including a little more detail on the mini album featured in the video, and have included all the measurements to make the cover again for convenience!

Here is the mini album, opened up slightly so you can see an overview of how the album looks. To create the cover you need to cut a piece of card (colour coordinated of course!) to measure:
7" x 4 ¼" (for you metric fans that's: 17 ¾ x 10 ¾ cm)
You then need to score 3 ¼" (8 ¼ cm) from each end to create a spine down the middle.
I rounded the corners, and then folded the card along the scores into a cover shape. 


I used a 18" (about 45cm) length of ribbon and adhered it to the front and back cover to create a tie fastening. I then trimmed two pieces of Pear Pizzazz card to the same size as one of the speciality cards in the Project Life pack (the Crushed Curry die-cut one), and glued these to the front and back covers to conceal the adhered ribbon. Finally I mounted the speciality card over the top and added the photo cover with a title.

Once you have created the concertina panels using the 3" x 4" cards (shown in the video, but very simply - stuck together with washi tape!) score the end panel ⅜" (1cm) in from the edge, and adhere to the inside of your front cover (See below where I have joined the 'Hello Weekend' card to the left hand side). And away you go with the decorating and embellishing! I have used stamping, and added a few rhinestones to add a bit of glam!


Here is the second half of the concertina  - I couldn't get it to all appear in the same photo as it was too long. You may notice that the two end panels don't have a strip of washi tape down the middle. For these panels I have use a single card of the 6" x 4" scored down the middle.
I created the pull tab by trimming down one of the stickers in the accessory pack, then folding it in half.


A final little detail that makes a nice touch is adding a label to the spine of the album so you can see at a glance when it's on a shelf. The Word Window punch fits perfectly! Don't forget to decorate the other side of the panels as well.


I hope you have enjoyed seeing this make in a little more detail, and I have listed all the supplies used in the table below. The rotary stamps in particular are the perfect size for the project life cards but can be easily overlooked.

Happy Crafting,
Becky



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!