Saturday 19 July 2014

So sad you're leaving...

As some of you may know, I have a part-time job with a rather quirky national clothing retailer. I really enjoy my time there and there is a lovely team of people who I get to work alongside.One of my colleagues has decided it is time for her to move on as she wants a career working with children, and so I volunteered to create a leaving card for everyone to sign.
My colleague is not a pink and fluffy sort of girl, so I wanted something a bit more fun and light-hearted for her to keep, with positive messages from us all written inside. I knew the perfect stamp set - a hostess set called Life's Adventure, but I was stumped for a layout - come to the rescue Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge!

So I flipped their sketch on it's side and here is the result:


I have paired the stamp with the totally gorgeous Moonlight Designer Series Paper, and based all my colours on those included in the paper designs (Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Whisper White, Sahara Sand and Basic Gray). I love how the triangles in the designer paper echo the shape of the cute little flag on the back of the Bicycle!


I like to base my creations on the BLT formula (No, not Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato - but Background, Layers and Texture!). Initially I had plain white card as the base colour, but it really needed something a little extra, so I used the lovely new Masks from Stampin' Up - applied Versamark ink through the mask and heat embossed using the Iridescent Ice powder. Take a look at that glitter:


Sometimes it's the little details that make a card, here I have used some retired ribbon to create the bow - I would have used the lush new Stitched Satin Ribbon but it didn't arrive in time :(



I have used the oh-so-cute banner punch to create some tiny little flags:


Lastly another close up of that gorgeous bike and positive sentiment - looking forward to an exciting new future. I think this sentiment would be perfect for men, graduations, passing a driving test, or even a wedding card for cycling enthusiasts! A touch of colour using blender pens and water brushes works perfectly with the sketched-style image (Stamped in StazOn to prevent the colour running when I added water).


I hope you have enjoyed this card and blog post - please let me know you have stopped by and leave me a comment!

Happy Crafting,
Becky


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. Great design x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it- hopefully the recipient will as well!
      Bx

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous Becky.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Have stopped by yours to say Hi too :)
      Bx

      Delete
  3. This really is something special! The little bike and the slogan are such wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!