Sunday 13 July 2014

The Two-Step Card (CASE)

Hello Hello!
Today I am sharing a CASE'd card with you (for those not in the know it stands for Copy And Share Everything) from the talented Julia Carmichael of Paper Into Love from the USA. She and her daughter produce some stunning pieces and so I thought I would tweak one of her designs to match the materials I had to hand. You can view the original card HERE.


I have used the same colours as in the original card for the stamping (apologies for the slightly orange cast to the photo above - not sure what is going on there!) but changed up the way in which the splatters were made (I used that essential stamp set 'gorgeous grunge'), the ribbon, and I added one of the oh-so-shiny vintage buttons. Here I have tried to capture the sparkle on the button as it refracts the light - but it doesn't do it justice. Tying through a little linen thread ensures the button isn't too glamorous for the card though!


I didn't have the same ribbon as on the original card, so I swapped it out for some ruffled trim in Pistachio Pudding. I am so gutted that this ribbon was retired as it is so so pretty. The next shot shows you more of the fabulousness that is two-step stamping - one of my go-to techniques for creating depth, drama and that wow-factor! Stampin' Up! do two-step stamping so well, and there are lots of designs to choose from. For those of you not in the know - two-step stamping is essentially a way of layering up co-ordinating images, so you stamp one colour directly over a previously stamped image in a different colour - usually using the Stamp-a-ma-jig tool to help you line them up.


I am off to guide camp in just over a week, there are lots of preparations to be done for that - so forgive me if I am a bit quiet for the next fortnight! Fingers crossed it doesn't rain too much while living under canvas...

Happy Crafting

Becky





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!