Monday 19 May 2014

Gingham Garden Washi Tape

Good Afternoon!

Today I want to share the card I showed you on Wednesday in a little more detail and show you how you can make your stash stretch that bit further by getting two card toppers from just one piece of paper!

Here is the card I shared with you on Wednesday:

The Butterfly is created by covering a rectangle of white card with strips of washi tape, then punching the butterfly shape out of the cover card. Here is a close up so you can see the amazing detail of the printed washi tape:


Now I said I would show you a way to make two toppers from the one piece of card. Here's how: Simply trim down the waste card from which you punched out the butterfly!
Take a look and see what I mean:


Here all I have done is cut the piece of card I had already covered with washi tape and punched the butterfly out of into a rectangle, then rounded the corners. I stamped a coordinating butterfly in the centre shape (although I think a different colour may have had more impact!), and added layers with dimensional adhesive and some bling with the rhinestones! Come back and see the whole card later this week...

Happy Crafting
Becky


2 comments:

  1. I love the butterfly! cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I was looking for a few articles on uses of washi tape and I came across yours inspiring read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!