Tuesday 8 July 2014

A new arrival...

Good morning all! I hope today finds you well? I received some good news last week - my cousin and his wife welcomed their little boy into the world. To make it extra special my cousin came back that day from deployment to Afghanistan where he is in the armed forces. What a welcome home present!
Baby Lucas is totally gorgeous and I have loved seeing all the photographs of him. It is such a great reminder to me to stay positive and appreciate that the best things in life aren't things!

Today I am sharing a card that I designed for my monthly card club ladies and which with perfect timing I have been able to send to the new arrival. 



Do you recognise the embossing folder? Yes it is the one from Sale-A-Bration earlier in the year! I am so glad it has made a comeback as it is so fun and very versatile. Why not use it as snow for Christmas cards, or perhaps as exploding confetti for a celebration card? Here is a close up of that fabulous texture, here embossed on Coastal Cabana card:



Finally a look at the detailing on the card. I have been a bit naughty and used one of the stamp sets that is no longer available for the background, but wanted to focus on the colour combination which I LOVE - So saffron, Coastal Cabana and Pool Party. I was inspired by a picture of a beautiful tropical beach which I wanted to show you, but can't seem to re-find on Pinterest. 



One thing I would like to point out is the layering of the punched out shapes - This has got to be one of my favourite ways to create quick and easy accents - and use up all my bit of scrap card! The sentiment stamp set is one I return to time and again as I has something for every occasion, and in true Stampin' Up! style, perfectly coordinates with several of out punches.

That's all from me today, Happy Crafting!

Becky




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!